The ultimate list manager for Mobile Devices, Windows & Mac OS
iPhone & iPod Touch Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you don't find the answer to your question in the FAQs below, you
may request technical support here.
- How does the trial version differ from the regular
- How do I install SplashShopper?
- What is the current version of SplashShopper and what
- How do I update my software?
- I just purchased SplashShopper Desktop and need a registration
code. Where do I find it?
- I installed SplashShopper on a new desktop
and it's asking me for my registration code. Where can I find it?
- SplashShopper won't accept my registration code. Why
- How much do upgrades cost?
- Can I use SplashShopper on multiple handhelds and/or desktops?
- How can obtain a refund for my purchase on the
- How do I transfer my SplashShopper data from my
- How do I synchronize with my handheld?
- I cannot sync, or get the error: "SplashShopper
cannot connect to desktop application..."
- When I install and run SplashShopper Desktop, I get
this error:"This application has failed to start because dnssd.dll
was not found"
- Is SplashShopper compatible with the iPhone
OS 4.0 update?
How does the trial version differ from the regular
The trial version and regular version are identical. The software
will run for 30-days in trial mode without requiring a registration code.
Once the 30-day trial expires, you must purchase a registration code to
continue using the product. Once you purchase a registration code, you
do not need to re-install the software. Simply enter the registration
code to continue using the software and all of your data will remain intact.
How do I install SplashShopper?
The iPhone version of SplashShopper is unique in that Apple sells
the handheld software separately through the App Store. We sell the desktop
companion software you sync with.
You must download and run the SplashShopper iPhone Desktop installer
on your desktop, as follows:
- Go to the download page, and click
the Download button for SplashShopper for Windows or Mac OS.
- When prompted with the "File Download" dialog box, select
"Save this program to disk" and save it in a place you are
sure to remember, like your Desktop.
- After the file has finished downloading, launch the Installer from
your desktop and follow the onscreen instructions.
- After the installation is complete, you will need to connect your
device to finish installing.
- For further instructions on how to use the software, double-click
the User Guide that was installed on your desktop.
What is the current version of SplashShopper
and what has changed?
SplashShopper 3.1 is the current version for iPhone; 3.1 is the current
version on Windows & Mac OS. For an overview of changes, see the release
How do I update my software?
For the desktop software, download and run the latest SplashShopper Installer
found on the download
page. It will update your existing software on your desktop. Your
data will remain intact and you won't have to re-enter your registration
code. For the handheld software updates, check the Applications tab in
iTunes for your iPhone sync, or go to the App Store on the handheld
and check the Updates tab.
I just purchased SplashShopper Dsktop and need a registration
code. Where do I find it?
When you purchase the software online, an order confirmation email
is immediately sent to you (the email you gave in the purchase form) containing
your registration code. The registration code will begin with the letters
SHXU or SWXU. Enter it exactly as it appears, and the trial software will
be converted into a registered version.
I installed SplashShopper on a new desktop and it's
asking me for my registration code. Where can I find it?
If you installed SplashShopper on a new computer, you can find your existing
registration code in "About SplashShopper" found in the Help menu
on Windows and SplashShopper menu on Mac.
If that doesn't work, contact us and
we'll respond with your registration code.
SplashShopper won't accept my registration code.
Make sure you are entering the correct registration code, and not your
order number. The registration code should begin with the letters SHXU
or SWXU. You may want to try entering the code without the dashes. Also,
make sure there are no spaces before, after, or within the code. The
registration code only needs to be entered once.
f you already own a SplashShopper 2.x license for Palm OS or Desktop
only, you do not need a new registration code to unlock the iPhone version,
though you still need to download it.
If your SplashShopper 2.x license is for BlackBerry or Windows Mobile, contact
support for a registration code.
How much do upgrades cost?
If you own a license for SplashShopper 3.x or older, you need to upgrade
to SplashShopper Desktop for iPhone which costs $9.95 - you can use the SplashShopper
The handheld software (for iPhone and iPod Touch) is only available
from the App Store, and at this time there is no way to discount
sales through that channel.
Updates within a version (e.g., 2.0 to 2.1) are free to all registered
users. Major upgrades (e.g., 2.x to 3.x) are available at a substantial
discount to registered users. If you purchase within 30-days of a major
upgrade you will receive the upgrade for free.
Can I use SplashShopper on multiple handhelds and/or desktops?
The license is per user and is not tied to a specific device,
but there may not be a way to transfer the application to a second iPhone/iPod
How can I obtain a refund for my purchase
on the App Store?
Since we do not manage the App Store, we cannot process refunds for
it. Apple's policy is that all sales are final, but you can contact them
if you are truly dissatisfied here:
How do I transfer my SplashShopper
data from my previous version?
- Launch your previous version of SplashShopper Desktop (for Palm
or Standalone), and export each list you wish to transfer: File > Export
> SplashShopper vShop. You must do this for each list. Quit when you
- Launch the SplashShopper iPhone Desktop and complete the Guided
- Double click each vSH file you have exported, and confirm whether
you want a new list or to replace an existing list, like Groceries.
- Sync with the handheld again to transfer the data to it.
How do I synchronize with my handheld?
In order to synchronize, you must do the following:
- Select the same network that your computer is on for your handheld
- Open the SplashShopper desktop
- Select the correct user from the User menu in the SplashShopper desktop
to match the device name
- Adjust the iPhone Sync settings in File > iPhone Sync if you wish
- Start the Sync on the handheld:
- Select "Sync" from Tools
- Select your desktop computer
- Tap "Start Sync"
For detailed information, see the User
Guide on Synchronization.
I cannot sync, or get the error: "SplashShopper
cannot connect to desktop application..."
The following are possible causes of problems locating the SplashShopper
desktop from the Sync tool on the handheld application:
- The SplashShopper desktop is not running.
- Solution: Start the SplashShopper iPhone Desktop.
- The wrong version of SplashShopper is running on the desktop.
- Solution: Close the version you are running and make sure you
launch the application named SplashShopper iPhone Desktop.
On Mac OS, it would be in Applications. On Windows, it would
be in Start >
Programs > SplashData > SplashShopper for iPhone. If you
don't have this, you need to install
- iPhone device name contains accented characters.
- Solution: At this time, such characters need to be removed
from the username. These include characters such as -- é ü ç ñ
-- and others like these. To change the device name, connect
the device via USB to the computer and launch iTunes. Click on
the device name on the left browser panel once, and change the
name removing these characters.
- The wrong network is selected on the handheld.
- Solution: On the handheld, go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Make
sure it is turned on and the correct network is selected.
- Windows - Bonjour is not installed. Either Bonjour or iTunes must
- Solution: Reinstall SplashShopper and leave the box checked
to install Bonjour.
- Desktop computer is behind a firewall or some other network
- Solution 1: Open up the Firewall connection (See
- Windows Firewall Settings > Exceptions > Check
Bonjour & SplashShopper; in Advanced, uncheck Wireless
- Mac OS 10.5: System Preferences > Security > Firewall > Set
it to Allow all incoming connections
- Mac OS 10.4: System Preferences > Internet & Network > Sharing > Click
stop button to turn firewall off
- Solution 2: Disable anti-virus software. Anti-virus software
will close many ports and may block our sync service.
- Solution 3: Set up and
Ad Hoc Network.
- Windows -- Bonjour service is not running.
- Solution: To check, go to Start -> Run. Type msconfig. Under
services tab, Bonjour must have a status of "Running." If
not, reinstall SplashShopper.
- Windows -- VPN service is active.
- Solution: Open the Properties settings for you wireless network
connection and uncheck the VPN service item. This may enable
you to sync. When you are finished you can turn the VPN service
- Windows & Mac OS -- Our networking service may not be
- Solution: Restart your computer.
- Windows -- Bonjour needs to be repaired. It can
appear that Bonjour is installed and working, but in some cases it
actually needs to be repaired.
- Solution: Repair the Bonjour installation by going to Control
Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Select Bonjour > Click
> Follow prompts. Then try synching again.
When I install and run SplashShopper Desktop,
I get this error:"This application has failed to start because dnssd.dll
was not found"
You will see this error if your Bonjour service is corrupted or out-of-date.
To fix this error, download latest version of Bonjour from:
Once you reinstall Bonjour, you will be able to successfully
Is SplashShopper compatible with
the iPhone OS 4.0 update?
Yes, it has been tested and runs fine on iPhone devices running the
4.0 firmware update.