BlackBerry Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you don't find the answer to your question in the FAQs below, you
may request technical support here.
- How does the trial version differ from the regular
- How do I install SplashShopper?
- What is the current version of SplashShopper and what
- How do I update my software?
- Can I download SplashShopper directly via my BlackBerry Browser?
- I just purchased SplashShopper and need a registration code.
Where do I find it?
- I installed SplashShopper on a new handheld/desktop
and it's asking me for my registration code. Where can I find it?
- SplashShopper won't accept my registration code. Why
- How much do upgrades cost?
- Can I use SplashShopper on multiple handhelds and/or desktops?
- How do I transfer my SplashShopper data from my Palm
- How do I set up SplashShopper sync?
- I am getting an Application Loader error: The following modules could
not be loaded because their digital signatures were invalid: SplashShopper.cod
- When I try to install the ALX file, I get a
message saying "No
additional applications were found." What do i do?
How does the trial version differ from the regular
The trial version and regular version are identical. The software
will run for 30-days in trial mode without requiring a registration code.
Once the 30-day trial expires, you must purchase a registration code to
continue using the product. Once you purchase a registration code, you
do not need to re-install the software. Simply enter the registration
code to continue using the software and all of your data will remain intact.
How do I install SplashShopper?
- Go to the download page. Click the Download button.
- When prompted with the "File Download"
dialog box, select "Save this program to disk" and save it
in a place you are sure to remember, like your Desktop.
- After the file has finished downloading, connect your device.
- Extract all files in the ZIP archive you downloaded to the desktop.
This can be done by either dragging the contents of the ZIP to the
desktop or right-clicking the ZIP and selecting Extract.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop application, and double-click the Application
- Click the Add button and browse to select this file:
c:\Program Files\SplashShopper BlackBerry\SplashShopper.alx
- Scroll down through the list of programs and check the box at the
bottom for SplashShopper to be installed.
- Click Next and SplashShopper will be installed on the device.
- On your handheld, find the SplashShopper application and launch. It may
be found in the Applications folder.
What is the current version of SplashShopper and what
SplashShopper 2.95 is the current version. For an overview of changes,
see the release notes.
How do I update my software?
Simply download and run the latest SplashShopper Installer found on the download
page. It will update your existing software on your desktop and handheld.
Your data will remain intact and you won't have to re-enter your registration
Can I download SplashShopper directly via my BlackBerry
Yes, select Go To from the menu in the BlackBerry Browser and type in:
I just purchased SplashShopper and need a registration code.
Where do I find it?
When you purchase the software online, an order confirmation email
is immediately sent to you (the email you gave in the purchase form)
containing your registration code. The registration code will begin with
the letters SSBB. Enter it exactly as it appears, and the trial software
will be converted into a registered version.
I installed SplashShopper on a new handheld/desktop and
it's asking me for my registration code. Where can I find it?
If you installed SplashShopper on a new handheld or desktop, you can find
your existing registration code on the old device as follows:
Launch SplashShopper Desktop, then select About SplashShopper Desktop
from the Help Menu. Your registration code will be displayed in the
dialog. It will start with "SSBB"
Launch SplashShopper on the handheld, then select About SplashShopper
from the menu. Your registration code will be displayed in the dialog.
It will start with "SSBB"
If the above doesn't work, contact
us and we'll respond with your registration code.
SplashShopper won't accept my registration code.
Make sure you are entering the correct registration code, and not your
order number. The registration code should begin with the letters SSBB
or SWBB. You may want to try entering the code without the dashes. Also,
make sure there are no spaces before, after, or within the code. Also,
make sure you are not confusing your registration code with your password.
The registration code only needs to be entered once. The password is
a word you define and must be entered each time you launch SplashShopper.
How much do upgrades cost?
The crossgrade to SplashShopper for BlackBerry costs $9.95. If you
are a current owner of a previous version of SplashShopper, you can use
Updates within a version (e.g., 2.0 to 2.1) are free to all registered
users. Major upgrades (e.g., 2.x to 3.x) are available at a substantial
discount to registered users. If you purchase within 30-days of a major
upgrade you will receive the upgrade for free.
Can I use SplashShopper on multiple handhelds and/or desktops?
You may use SplashShopper on multiple computers/handhelds. The registration
code is not tied to a specific device. The license is per user, so you
may install it on all of the computers/handhelds that you use.
How do I transfer my SplashShopper
data from my Palm OS version?
1. Launch SplashShopper Desktop for Palm OS.
2. Select File > Export > SplashShopper vSH and save the records.
You must do this for each list. Quit when you are finished.
3. Launch SplashShopper Desktop for BlackBerry.
4. Select File > Import > SplashShopper vSH and select the file
you exported in step 2.
How do I set up SplashShopper sync?
Synchronization is performed from within the SplashShopper desktop, unlike
SplashID and SplashPhoto for BlackBerry. There is a Sync button in
the menu bar to perform a manual sync whenever needed.
How do I make SplashShopper sync automatically when I connect my
Currently, you must manually perform a sync by clicking the Sync button
in the menu bar of the SplashShopper desktop. There is no automatic sync.
I amgetting an Application Loader
error: The following modules could not be loaded because their digital
signatures were invalid: SplashShopper.cod
This is most likely the result of a security setting on your BlackBerry
Enterprise Server preferences. Please contact your IT department about
this issue. It is described in this BlackBerry FAQ:
When I try to install the
ALX file, I get a message saying "No additional applications were
found." What do i do?
There are 3 possible causes of this problem:
1. SplashShopper is already installed, and you need to delete it. To do
this, select SplashShopper from the list of applications in the Application
Loader, then click the Delete button. Then click Next. Now you should
be able to add the ALX file on the next time around.
2. You need to update your BlackBerry Desktop Manager software:
3. You need to update the BlackBerry handheld software: