Personal Finances... Simplified. For Palm OS, Mac OS & Windows
SplashMoney 4.09 Mac OS - January 23, 2008
- First release with SplashMoney Desktop companion software for Mac
SplashMoney 4.09- March 17, 2006
- Fixed bug that prevented user from editing the date on the desktop
- Currency conversion now works, when converting from base to foreign
an issue with nesting, duplicate dialogs in the report feature
- Set Budget
Amount now accepts decimal input
- Class from split transactions is now
transferred to the destination account
SplashMoney 4.08- July 14, 2005
- Desktop/Handheld: SplashMoney 4 is now translated into French, Italian,
German, and Spanish.
- Desktop/Handheld: Scheduled transactions no longer duplicate when
synced between two PCs. (Note: Old scheduled transactions must be
deleted and recreated.)
- Desktop/Handheld: Downloading AmSouth bank data no longer reports
a parsing error.
- Desktop: Transactions of type “Check” now sort correctly.
- Desktop: When sorting by date, edited transactions no longer re-sort
(unless of course the date is edited).
- Desktop: New accounts created during the QIF import process are
now retained correctly.
- Desktop: Budget values now print correctly.
- Desktop: Balance now is correct after purging a voided transaction.
- Handheld: Reminders from scheduled transactions are no longer deleted
after a soft-reset.
- Handheld: Unassigned can now have a budget value.
- Handheld: Reconciling an account that contains a split transaction
no longer alters the parent transaction.
- Handheld: Payee budget values are now retained correctly after editing
a transaction of that payee.
SplashMoney 4.07- May 16, 2005
- Transfers and Scheduled Transactions now sort correctly with other
transactions of the same date (Palm and Windows).
- Row colors are now retained after exit (Palm).
- Budget amount for <Unfiled> is now remembered after exit (Windows).
- The running balance is now calculated correctly following a voided
SplashMoney 4.06 - May 9, 2005
- A new Print feature has been added to the Windows desktop application.
- You can now choose which account to import into, instead of just
the selected account.
- The Export feature in the desktop application now offers the ability
to export all transactions, selected transactions, or a date range
- Added a new Download Summary dialog to better manage downloaded
transactions, in the desktop application.
- Fixed an issue with split transactions in the report feature.
- Fixed an issue where your online setup would get corrupted if you
canceled unlocking the SplashMoney application.
- Fixed a few issues with the Upcoming/Scheduled Transactions feature.
- Fixed an issue where the toolbar was missing after unlocking SplashMoney
on a T3 device.
- When doing a transfer between accounts with difference currencies,
the value is now converted properly.
- Transactions exported to auto-upload to Quicken now honor the number
- Transfers now appear properly in reports.
- The Cleared Balance now calculates properly when reversing the
direction of the transactions list.
- Various user interface and navigation fixes in the Palm and Windows
SplashMoney 4.05 - April 8, 2005
- Pie chart report type added to desktop application.
- Balance/Cleared menu added back to Account and Register view.
- Fixed an issue that surfaced when a username has a space character
at the end.
- Fixed some redraw problems in lists where duplicate transactions
- Fixed an issue where the base currency wasn't synching between the
handheld and desktop app.
- Fixed a couple issues with Upcoming Transactions.
- Fixed a data corruption issue that happened when switching users
while a password was set.
- Fixed an issue where the Bank list was emptry for a new user (desktop
- Windows regional settings are now honored for number formats.
- Fixed an issue where the check number field wouldn't appear during
a transaction info auto-fill.
- Fixed an issue where the desktop application window was appearing
transparent for new users/accounts.
- Minor user interface adjustments
SplashMoney 4.04 - March 14, 2005
- Class pop-up menu added to the desktop
- Class column added to the register
- Zero amounts can now be hidden from Reports and Budgets
- Transactions no longer duplicate when imported from a QIF file
- Columns no longer disappear from the Budget view
- Recorded transactions are now removed from the Scheduled Transactions
- Subcategories now work properly with classes
- Password field is now the default field when launching the desktop
- Show correct running balance when date sort is reversed on Palm
SplashMoney 4.03 - March 8, 2005
- Added a feature to allow checking of all online accounts at once
- Added CSV and OFX import via the conduit
- Added more contextual menus on the desktop
- Negative values can now be entered
- Position in the register is remembered between uses of the Palm
- Running balance is reversed when reversing the sort by Date to be
most recent transactions at the top of the list
- Payee List now syncs properly
- Types now export properly in CSV files
- American Express online connection now works on the desktop
- General UI improvements
- Account view selection is now retained after exiting and re-launching
- Tapping password letters no longer adds a period if Graffiti 2 write
anywhere is enabled
- Improved QIF handling
- Split transactions are now deleted when the source is deleted on
- Added Purge and Delete to Edit Transaction on the desktop
- HiRes+ toolbar fix
- Improved Matching
- Transfer dialog now allows decimals
- Sorting by Memo or Amount now works correctly on the desktop
- Invalid DOS characters are no longer allowed in account names
- Reports now works correctly with splits
- Scheduled transactions are now saved after exiting on the desktop
- Budget now correctly multiplies for the Quarter setting on the desktop
SplashMoney 4.02 - March 1, 2005
- Fixed a bug where the handheld application wouldn't launch if there
was a deleted record that needed upgrading (only affected users of
SplashMoney 4.0 beta 1)
- Double-clicking the balance on the desktop will now bring up Adjust
Ending Balance dialog
- Fixed a bug where the transfer dialog wasn’t accepting a decimal
- Other minor UI improvements
SplashMoney 4.01 - February 28, 2005
- Fixed a bug that would crash the desktop when switching to Reports
and Budgets if register included transfers
- General UI improvements
SplashMoney 4.0 - February 28, 2005
- Desktop application with two-way syncing (Windows only)
- Online account access
- Charting on handheld (not implemented on the desktop yet)
- Improved user interface
- Filter menu
- Reconcile function
- Category icons per transaction
- Custom icon support (not implemented on the desktop yet)
- Added support for numbers 21 million and larger
- Reports and Budgets are now accurate when international currencies
- Transactions with split classes show up correctly in reports
- Improved sorting of the register view
- Improved 5-way navigator support
- Fixed a split-transfer bug
- Improved auto-fill
- Various UI improvements (fixed shortcut conflicts, made minor button
- Fixed a bug that could throw off the cleared balance
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
SplashMoney 3.03 - December 16, 2004
- Fixed a bug with the Upcoming transactions reminder feature.
- Fixed a bug that would crash Clies when launching an expired trial
- Fixed a bug that would cause drill-down in reports to crash.
- Added Tungsten T|5 5-way navigator support.
- Minor UI and redraw improvements.
SplashMoney 3.02 - September 7, 2004
- Added localization support for French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
SplashMoney 3.01 - February 5, 2004
- Repaired QuikBudget Support
SplashMoney 3.0 - January 29, 2004
- Added the ability to change a transactions account
from within the transaction.
- Added currency conversion to reports and budgets.
(In other words, non-base currencies will be converted to the base
currency in reports and budgets.)
- SplashMoney displays an error when a category
name has a "/" in it.
- Fixed a redraw bug in Recurring Transactions
(after editing a category)
- SplashMoney displays an appropriate error if
a number larger than $21,474,836 is used.
SplashMoney 2.99 - December 12, 2003
- Added two-stroke character Graffiti 2 support
- Fixed a problem with password entry (backspaces
were treated as characters)
SplashMoney 2.98 - November 26, 2003
- Improved Palm OS 3 Support
SplashMoney 2.97 - November 14, 2003
- Support for new Hi-Res Plus screens
SplashMoney 2.95 - May 30, 2003
- Fixed a font substitution problem that affected
Palm OS 3.1 users
- Fixed a bug where long category/sub category
name combinations would crash a Report drill-down
- Fixed a bug where tapping a column head in a
Reports/Budgets would cause a crash.
- Changed the Upcoming Transaction sort direction
to display the next upcoming payment at the top.
SplashMoney 2.94 - Apr. 29, 2003
- Fixed a Clié redraw issue
- Fixed a redraw issue that affected Palm OS 3.5
- Fixed a reports/budgets redraw issue
- Fixed a duplicate shortcut "/B"
- Fixed a bug that could crash the Palm during
a Global Find when SplashMoney
- Fixed a category list corruption bug that occurred
in rare situations
- Switched to PDF version of the user guide
- Enhanced Garmin Virtual Graffiti support
SplashMoney 2.92 - Apr. 11, 2003
- Fixed crasher that would occur when attempting
to sort a Report with no transactions in the list.
SplashMoney 2.91 - Apr. 3, 2003
a bug (Chunck Overlock error) that would periodically crash SplashMoney
minor bug fixes
2.9 - Mar. 26, 2003
reporting with drill-down capabilities
now sorted by date/time entered
2.82 - Feb. 24 2003
crasher that could occur when accessing Upcoming Transactions
crasher that would occur when attempting a QIF import
font problem on Clies running OS4 when viewing Currency Menu
2.81 - Feb. 21 2003
Account Based Currency support
"Include in Account View Total" option for calculating Net
Type names are now limited to 10 characters or less
row selection bug
font display bug in About box
2.8 - Feb. 17, 2003
Transactions that can be automatically entered on a recurring basis
5-way nav support
Clie jog-dial support
2.71 - Dec. 21, 2002
Conduit bug that exported data improperly.
2.7 - Dec. 20, 2002
Hi-Res support for OS5 devices and Sony Clie's running OS4
ability to show/hide virtual graffiti area on Sony Clie NR/NX series
customizable column controls for resizing and sorting columns
2.65 - Aug. 9, 2002
Conduit logging to handheld.
2.64b - June 21, 2002
fix for Mac OS X users.
2.64 - May 10, 2002
fix for users of Windows 98 and earlier.
2.63a - March 25, 2002
"a" version is compatible with Palm Desktop 4.0 Release
for Mac OS.
2.63 - Feb. 19, 2002
default location of To Palm and From Palm directories to \My Documents\SplashMoney\
the User Guide
2.62 - Feb. 4, 2002
QuikBudget related bug
allow Account names with slashes (/) in them.
2.61 - Feb. 1, 2002
now launch app from Handspring Memory module
support for Palm Desktop 4.0 for Mac OS 9 & OS X
2.6 - Dec. 18, 2001
support for Quik Budget: Transactions created in Quik Budget are automatically
posted to SplashMoney. Requires Quik Budget 3.1 or later.
2.51 - Nov. 21, 2001
redraw bugs in password dialog affecting handhelds running pre-OS
2.5 - Nov. 13, 2001
keyboard or numeric keypad for entering password
supports QIF import in yyyy/mm/dd format
auto-uploading transfers to Quicken only the source account transfer
is uploaded (eliminating the likelihood of duplicate transactions
2.43 - Sept. 10, 2001
option to Mask password
support for presenting the password dialog after power off on pre-OS
1-pixel clipping on Clie in high-res mode
2.42 - August 24, 2001
support for up to 9 decimals in currency conversion (formerly 6 decimals)
2.41 - August 22, 2001
conflict with several launcher utilities (Commander, GoBar, Launch
clipping of Amount column in Register View
sync problem when syncing a handheld with two desktops
2.4 - August 13, 2001
new icons and icon picker for Accounts
importing of QIFs with no header (downloaded from online bank)
improvements for International Date and Number formats
2.3 - July 26, 2001
menus will auto-scroll when inputting Graffiti characters
2.22 - July 21, 2001
will enter a HotSync log entry when exporting a QIF if the data is
Date picker crasher on B/W devices running Palm OS 3.5
2.21 - July 16, 2001
2.2 - July 15, 2001
Split dialog now handles up to 10 splits
transfers supported within the Split dialog
2.11 - July 10, 2001
bug which caused the transaction type to change when clearing account
Date picker crasher on B/W devices running Palm OS 3.5
2.1 - July 1, 2001
support for additional transaction types (ATM and EFT)
automatic check numbering
UI for editing Splits
2.03 - June 19, 2001
2.02 - June 18, 2001
definable Date and Number format import/export settings in Conduit
2.01 - June 15, 2001
OS 3.0 compatibility
2.0 - June 14, 2001
for additional account types (Asset and Liability Accounts)
to display running balance and to show/hide decimals in Register View
Account transfers (like in Quicken and MS Money)
Transaction dialog UI improvements: Memo field now visible; Category
and Class fields combined
for International Date and Number formats when exporting to desktop
1.54 - May 30, 2001
bug affecting users with lots of accounts
1.53 - May 28, 2001
for international Date formats in Quicken
1.52 - May 26, 2001
1.51 - May 25, 2001
support for auto-uploading transactions to Quicken
support for Palm OS 4.0
for Palm Date Format Preference
1.50 - May 26, 2001
transactions to Quicken
QIF files into SplashMoney from Quicken and Microsoft Money
1.01 - April 30, 2001
1.0 - April 27, 2001