Release Notes for Android
Mobile Client release notes are below. Click
here for SplashID Safe desktop release notes.
August 17, 2012 - Version 6.2.1 for Android
- Fixed an issue where some users were getting a force close error on launch
July 26, 2012 - Version 6.2 for Android
- Multiple device sync issues resolved
- Fixed data corruption on sync with older Windows version
- Numerous other minor bug fixes
***Requires FREE 6.2 update to SplashID Desktop for synchronization***
April 24, 2012 - Versoin 6.1 for Android
- Bug fixes and security enhancements
***Requires FREE 6.1 update to SplashID Desktop for synchronization***
May 12, 2011 - Version 6.0.3 for Android
- Fixed an issue with the auto-lock system where some users were
having to login twice
May 5, 2011 - Version 6.0.2 for Android
- Improved security settings - now you can set the auto lock period
to Lock on Exit for better security
April 28, 2011 - Version 6.0 for Android, Windows & Mac
- Desktop Update
- Unified support for synching a single desktop database
with multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry).
This is done using an email ID for your username instead
of the device name. This way you sync all devices to the
same desktop user identified by the email address.
- Redesigned and upgraded user interface, including new button
style with labels, familiar top toolbar that is highly customizable,
snazzy new detail pane, bigger edit dialog with simplified
- Minimize to System Tray option - found in Options > Security.
- Reminder feature for individual records. To use it, double
click a record to edit, then click the Reminder button. Choose
the date in the future you want to be reminded to update
the record. Save. You'll get the reminder when you launch
on that day. Great for passwords that you need to change
regularly or credit cards expiration dates.
- Pattern login. If you are a fan of this feature on the
iPhone application, you can now use the same method to login
to the desktop.
- All Types listing now appears in the Type panel. Check
this updated Panel View out if you are a steadfast fan of
the list view.
- Hover then click to copy field data in the Detail Pane
- List View: Right click column heading to customize Show
- Edit Types button under Types panel
- Sound at unlock: *Click!*
- Send feedback option in Help menu of SplashID Desktop
- Auto-email-backup system. Go to Prefs > Data/Backup
to try it out.
- Browser plugin (Internet Explorer & Safari) now supports
Other Record Types. So you can find and copy credit card
numbers on the fly when using the browser.
- Tip of the day on launch
- Enhanced search: searches inside of record data strings,
not just "starts with"
- Enhanced send VID tool, fewer steps, more intuitive, no
need for email client
- Android Update
- Support for unified desktop sync. To restate from above:
This is done using an email ID for your username instead of
the device name. This way you sync all devices to the same
desktop user identified by the email address.
- Upgraded user interface with reflective card views.
- Auto-sync. Turn this feature on in Menu > Settings.
- You can now pick the icon from the record info dialog, without
having to go into the edit dialog
- New View. Search View: just has a search bar and View All
button at center. Loads faster. Just search and display results.
- Dedupe tool. It's handy on the desktop, it's handy on the
- Send Feedback Option in Menu > Settings
- Option to clear filters on exit - on by default
- Option to load sample data on fresh install or not
June 14, 2010 - Version 5.3.4 for Android, Windows & Mac
- Android Update
- In Enter Password screen, when keyboard is switched to/from
cursor jumps to start of the password field
- Entering incorrect password 10 times should reset the database
- Desktop Update
- Sync issue fixed with large volumes of records
- Safari 5 support added to SplashID browser plugin on Mac
June 8, 2010 - Version 5.3.3 for Android, Windows & Mac
- Upgrade related Fixes
- Performance enhancement
- User Guide link fixed
June 3, 2010 - Version 5.3 for Android, Windows & Mac
- Important Notes:
- Please be aware - SplashID 5 is an OPTIONAL PAID
UPGRADE ($9.95) from version 4. SplashID 5 on Android is free,
but it will only sync with SplashID Desktop version 5 so if you
do not wish to buy the desktop upgrade, do not update the handheld
- Backup your data (Sync Android and export VID backup from SplashID
- Get the free SplashID 5.3 update for Android from the Android
- Android Update:
- Type and category count
- Numeric keypad for entering password
- Enhanced search with search history
- Automatic sync discovery
- Password generation
- Clickable URLs
- Desktop Update:
- Search history available when you click the drop down arrow
in the Search box
- Reset SplashID feature - useful for troubleshooting sync issues
or when you are leaving a computer behind and want to clear off SplashID
Results dialog tells lists records after import
- Snow Leopard support
- Windows 7 Support
- eWallet import improved with instructions
- 1Password import tool added
- Keychain import tool added
- Safari plugin support on Snow Leopard (Note: You need to run Safari
in 32-bit mode at this time to use the SplashID plugin. Reinstall
the plugin from the File menu in the SplashID desktop)
- Ability to set longer timeout periods in the Safari plugin
- Various bug fixes
- Security Enhancements:
- AES. This US government approved encryption standard has been added on top
of the already powerful Blowfish algorithm.
- 10 failed password attempts now erases data immediately
- Password Hint Question. Password hints can be a little too easy sometimes,
so first you'll have to answer one of the security questions of your choosing
before the hint is revealed.
- Password Strength Indicator. Added to the Set Password dialog and the Password
Generator. Don't feel bad if you like short passwords. We all do.
- Browser Plug-In. SplashID in your browser! A search box and
Web Login picker is added to Safari/Internet Explorer if you
install it. This replicates the web autofill functionality from
the SplashID desktop, but as an installed plugin for Internet
Explorer (Windows) and Safari (Mac). Sorry, but Firefox and other
browsers will not be supported at this time. To install the plugin,
go to File > Plugin
for Safari/Internet Explorer > Install.
- Install to Removable Device. Now you can take SplashID on a
thumb drive (or whatever) anywhere you go. Copies the application
and database files to <Removable
- Add Attachments. A new field has been added to the database so you can add
a file (up to 1mb) to the record for association and safe keeping
- Add Icons. Just click Add Icons in the Icon Picker, so your record and type
icons can be whatever you like. You will also notice we updated some of the old
- Smart Types. In the lower left of the Detail View, you will find 3 Smart Types
containing the latest 10: Most Viewed, Recently Modified, and Recently Viewed.
These help you get to your most popular records faster
- Scrollable Detail Pane. If your Notes are longer than the provided space in
the Detail Pane, you will have a scroll bar so you can view the full notes without
having to open the Edit dialog
- Resizable Edit Dialog. You can now vertically resize the Edit Dialog so you
can get more out of that notes field
- Better Keyboard Support. You can tab between windows and UI elements better
now to avoid that annoying mouse click
- Enhanced Database Sync Logic. When using the database sync feature introduced
in version 4, you should no longer have lost or duplicated records
- Drag and Drop Records into Types. Need to change the type assignment for a
record? Select it, then click it, the drag it into the destination type (Panel
- DeDupe Tool. Scans the database for records containing the same data and offers
to delete them. Found in the File menu
- Event Viewer. Logs your activity in SplashID so we can provide you with the
Smart Types. This may also be useful in technical support scenarios. Found in
the View menu. The log file only contains record names - none of the other fields.
You can file this file:
- Mac: ~/Documents/SplashID/SplashIDLogFile.plist
- Windows: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\SplashData\SplashID\Preferences\EventsLog.xml
- Better Print support. For record list, text is wrapped, and there is an option
to print notes. For individual records, nice new layout
- Minimize to System Tray. On Windows, you have the option of
minimizing to the System Tray (bottom right) instead of the Task
Bar. To enable this, go to Options > Minimize
- Sequential Backup System. Auto backup now saves multiple backup files so you
don't lose your data if you have a database meltdown, then quit SplashID and
overwrite the backup file on exit (as in previous versions). Now backups have
sequential filenames, Backup 0, Backup 1, Backup 2, Backup 3, etc. When Backup
9 is reached, the next save replaces Backup 0, so you don't spiral into infinitely
diminishing hard disk space.
June 29, 2009 - Version 4.6
- Compatible with Android Cupcake OS 1.5.
- Manual IP Address based sync
- Fixed Set Password screen bug
- Mask/Unmask menu option is added in place of menu Option ‘List
- Fixed sync issues
- Improved performance